EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CHURCH – TURCHEȘ
The evangelical church (45,6147° N; 25,6771° E; 652 m), with a surface area of 343m2, 29.96m long, 14.66m wide and a 26.08m tall belfry, made of brick on carved limestone, was sanctified on April 6th 1885, on the second Easter Day.
In 1869, upon the initiative of notary Pap László, a church building campaign was started, HUF 4,000 were raised, but the process was interrupted until 1880.
At the end of 1880, 200 signatories submit a statement on their intention to build a church and part from Cernatu.
January 7th 1881 Upon the Church Gathering, the secession and the construction of the church also were ruled under the law and forwarded to the higher ecclesiastic authorities. Architect Véber György in Brașov developed the plan and the budget and, without the interior decorations, reaches a cost of HUF 16,720 and 76 pennies.
September 9th 1882 The Transylvanian Saxons Consortium issued the building permit number 241., but the secession is postponed because of the specific terms.
January 28th 1883 As part of a public procedure, the church building was entrusted to the Hungarian Csango construction artisan and entrepreneur in Satulung, Sánek János, in exchange for HUF 15,290, with the deadline for completion of October 30th 1884.
May 27th 1883 At 2pm, the cornerstone was laid, as part of a ceremony. The constructor was assisted by carpenter Lécz Márton, goldsmith Soós János from Brașov, tinker Friedmann Jakab. The minister was Kiss Árpád, and archpriest was Tóth András.
August 17th 1884 The iron globe was placed above the belfry, containing all the documents attesting the pieces of information above.
On June 13th 1886, the parish community parted from Cernatu.
The altar table was built in the Neogothic style by Kupcsay János, the renowned teacher at the wood carving school in Satulung, and the altar painting was made by Mişu Popp.
The evangelical rectory was sanctified on September 14th 1893.
The yard currently hosts a memorial monument erected as a tribute to the victims of the 1848-49 Independence War, of World War I and II, which was inaugurated on December 3rd 2006 and sanctified by the Evangelic Bishop Adorjányi Dezső.